5258Re: [bmw e28] Re: L-Jet problems. Tricky one...

  • R & T Bull
    Jul 17, 2008
      Thanks for your help, Gil. I have replaced the brake bomb about 6 months
      ago, because I thought the brake pedal was lacking a bit of 'vacuum
      assist' (I know this system isn't the same as other makes but it felt
      that way to me). The brake bomb didn't make any difference and I assumed
      that was just how the brakes were meant to feel. I also tried what you
      said. The brake lights stay on as normal and I can pump the pedal until
      the car nearly stalls (the problem) without the lights failing. Also, if
      I pump up the pedal and then start the car, the pedal does go down,
      albeit a small amount compared to a vacuum assisted car. I think I may
      change the master cylinder this weekend and see if this fixes the
      problem. I think long-term I will be looking at fitting the Megasquirt I
      have in the shed also.