5261e28 buying Advice

  • beachmedic78
    Aug 24, 2008
      Hello everyone,

      I'm fairly new to this group, but have previously enjoyed owning a
      1980 e21 and I'm now looking to upgrade to a bigger car that I'll be
      able to keep once I have children.

      I'm looking for an e28 that I plan to autocross occasionaly. I love
      the 80's BMWs because they are such a blast to drive and the driver
      isn't isolated from the driving experience. Plus those cars had yet
      to start adding all sorts of bells and whistles I don't want or
      need, thus keeping the weight down.

      I have about $6,000 or $7,000 to spend and was wondering wether I'd
      be better off buying a car for about $4 or 5k and putting work into
      it, or just buying one for $6 or $7k. I'm more partial to the 535
      than the 528.

      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to buy in
      early October.

      Nathan
      Savannah, GA
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic