      From: ayer4ce1 <ayer4ce1@...>
      Subject: [bmw e28] Distinctive "clunk" right side front
      To: bmwe28@...
      Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:06 AM

      1987 535i: Ever since I did a full suspension replacement (Bilsteins), the front right area has developed a clunking sound. I've checked the cartridge, the springs, the lower and upper control arm bushings and found nothing that would cause the sound. I do know that one of the exhaust hangers is broken but I can't imagine that causing all the noise. Many thoughts?