5299[bmw e28] Re: new guy,BIG question...

  • restart_the_machine
    Apr 13, 2009
      ROFL
      I once flipped an E12 on its roof after dismantling to get the drive shaft, etc. out. My neighbours love me.
      I think you can also get that bolt out with a crowsfoot wrench. I still have a few left over from my small block CHEBBY days. Pretty sure four feet of extensions and you really do need a wobbly socket. I have a Snap OFF wobbly that i use on the very end.
      Speaking of dragging. I am building a 71 coupe(hoping to stuff an V12 in,looking for a wrecked 750 or so.) which will eat your E30.;-)

      cheers
      PS you can search the groups files without offending anyone cant ya!! One final thought. The Bavarian DEFENCE BOYS(Senior Six(Sicks)) might have a FAQ on removing that pesky bolt. Everybody has trouble with that one the first 20 or 30 times....
      Best Egards