      From: Gene M. <mclans@...>
      Subject: [bmw e28] Re: Back in the States for Good!! E28 buying advise please
      To: bmwe28@...
      Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 5:23 PM

      Douglas,

      You might want to look for a 535is if you are looking for the sports sedan feel. I have an 87 535is and it came equipped with front BMW sport seats, 5 speed, LSD, a special suspension set up and a rear trunk deck spoiler. Much less money than an E28 M5.

      I find this car to be very nimble and quick and fun to drive. I also had an 85 535 with a 5 speed and comfort seats which rode more like a passenger sedan, but still fun to drive. The plus on an 85 is that it has the Getrag 265 transmission instead of the Getrag 260.

      Gene M.