5347Re: 1986 528e Battery Drain

  • Matt
    Dec 22, 2009
      --- In bmwe28@..., "Ron" <ronjkall@...> wrote:

      > My 528e is totally stock. No aftermarket stereo's or alarms. I have owned her since new. In the last five months, the battery drain has gone off the charts. I guess I need to do the voltmeter drill and start pulling fuses. I forget which side to interrupt between the battery and the car - the positive or the negative.
      >
      > Any ideas from the group on where to start?

      Is the battery warning light coming on when the ignition is first switched on? On early models the alternator charging circuit runs thru the battery warning light bulb, if this bulb is blown then the charging circuit will not operate, so check the bulb. Later models had a resistor fitted in parallel to avoid this problem, I believe the resistor was fitted in post '85 or '86 models.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic