5368Re: [bmw e28] hood air vents? Now engine trouble!

  • Matt Rees
    May 5, 2010
      I've recently had some misfire issues, which I was certain were due to fuel starvation. After trying everything else I decided to change the plugs, distributor cap & rotor arm, the problem has pretty much gone away, it's only intermittent now, which I think is due to not using genuine Bosch parts, & I haven't changed the leads yet (because they're too bloody expensive!). My advice would be to change any ignition parts that haven't been done in a while. Mine looked pretty new but were obviously sub-standard pattern parts put on by the previous owner. My problem was also very much like fuel starvation, I was genuinely shocked to find out it was ignition parts, especially as it was fine when running cold. You may also like to change the title of this thread! Good luck.