760Re: An E32 is just too tempting

  • jwestwood2
    Apr 27, 2002
      Remember if you ever want to advertise your bits please try my site
      (www.BMBits.co.uk) its free and only has BMW's. Also I myself have a
      large variety of bits I have from cars I have broken and if I can't
      find them I can almost certainly point you in the right direction of
      someone who can.

      Cheers,

      James.

      PS. I co-run the BMW Car Club in the Scotland. So if your ever up our
      way drop me a line and we could meet up.

      > Seems about right. I paid £650 two weeks back for my car, an 85/C
      > 528i manual with 149k on the clock but a full service history, and
      10
      > months MOT plus tax to end of July. Condition-wise my car is really
      > nice, the only downsides being rust on one jacking point, and a
      worn
      > driver's seat, plus a few other small foibles.
      >
      > The guy I bought it from (top chap, by the way) had it advertised
      on
      > eBay and also the BMW Car Club website. That's probably not a bad
      way
      > to advertise (it's the way I advertised my last car) - just make
      sure
      > you add a caveat on the eBay auction to say the car is advertised
      > elsewhere so that if you close the auction early if you've sold the
      > car, the bidders don't get too upset (I've been there!). eBay is
      > quite a good way to sell hassle-free (as long as you are honest in
      > the description of your car) and, if you set the start price or
      > reserve right, you can only stand to gain if bids increase. Then
      > again, selling through a Club advert means the car is more likely
      > go to an enthusiast, rather than someone out to make a quick buck
      > who's not really bothered about the car itself.
      >
      > I would say that eBay is probably the quickest way, as auctions are
      > over a set time period and once someone bids, there is legal
      binding
      > for them to buy (although you can still get people messing you
      > about). There may be a delay in submitting a club advert and it
      > getting published. It all depends of course if you have the
      > space/money to buy the new car first, then you can take more time
      > over the sale of the old one. I had the latter but not the former!
      If
      > you're going to advertise the car in the local paper or the
      > Autotrader, I've always found that the Parker's guide price (£655
      for
      > an "above-average" '85 528iSE, by the way) is no use if everyone
      else
      > is selling similar cars for less. Check what other people are
      pricing
      > them at, and price accordingly. Most E28s in my local Freeads paper
      > are between £300 and £500, but are mostly sheds (never viewed one,
      > but I can guess).
      >
      > Good luck! By the way, German Swedish and French Car Parts are
      > selling rear bumpers for E28s - a centre section is £23, each side
      > section is £20. Their number is 020 8917 3801.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic