Re: [bmw e28] Re: Warm Start Problem

  • Michael Burns
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2003
      after checking this, do you have an imobilisor? If so that would be my first
      port of call if all other things check out ok, if possible disarm and bypass
      the imobilisor to test.

      Over on the supra forum its a main bug bear on the mk3 factory fitted units,
      I had a probe with the same issues too. Be another good place to look.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2003
        I do not have an imobilisor in my 1985 528e. What is it?

        Jim
      • Ian R. Campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
          --- Jim Nail <james.nail@...> wrote:
          > I do not have an imobilisor in my 1985 528e. What
          > is it?

          The engine immobilisor is built into the OBC.
          It's the "Code Alarm". I discovered it one day while
          fooling around with the OBC when my key was in the
          ignition, but the engine wasn't running. I set off set
          immobilisor and alarm. It was very embarassing.
          Fortunately, it isn't all that secure. Disconnect the
          battery, wait 5 minutes, and the OBC resets as well as
          the immobilisor alarm.

          Hope that helps.

          - Ian
          88 535i