Tail light fault

  • Ben Gifford
    Message 1 of 3 , 21 Nov 19:16
      Hi all,
      I've been battling with this darn taillight fault circuit since I got the car 6 months ago. At start up I get a CHECK light for the taillights. I've replaced both taillight housings, all bulbs and sockets and the control box that is mounted in the trunk. Is there something else I'm missing? Perhaps a grounding point I've overlooked?
      Thanks,
      Ben

    • icebreaker991966
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2004
        --- In bmwe28@..., "Ben Gifford" <bimmerben@c...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > I've been battling with this darn taillight fault circuit since I
        got the car 6 months ago. At start up I get a CHECK light for the
        taillights. I've replaced both taillight housings, all bulbs and
        sockets and the control box that is mounted in the trunk. Is there
        something else I'm missing? Perhaps a grounding point I've overlooked?
        > Thanks,
        > Ben

      • Ed MacVaugh
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2004
          Is the fault "rear lights" or "brake lights"

          If it is "brake lights", it is supposed to remain illuminated until you
          depress the brake pedal the first time to allow it to check the lamp
          filaments, and then it should go out. Is it working this way?

          If it is rear lights, does it come on only when the light switch is
          operated, or all the time?

          Ed