Pristine e28 for sale

  • jtt220
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      please cut and paste this url -

      ViewItem&item=2446229978&category=6008&rd=1

      ends Sunday!!! Goodluck to all...

      NO RESERVE AUCTION. High bidder purchases.
      -----------
      General Information--
      Up for bid is my 5-speed 1982 BMW 528e. The car is being sold to
      make room for another collectable bimmer. If I had the space, I
      would keep this vehicle as well. However space is limited and one
      must go. The car is overall in excellent shape. This auction will
      appeal to BMW enthusiasts and collectors. This is one of the finest
      e28s that I have every seen or driven and I am confident the next
      owner will feel the same way. I purchased this car from my neighbor
      who was the original owner. I keep very good care of my vehicles but
      my neighbor is downright meticulous. To say this car has been babied
      would be a huge understatement. It has rarely ever been driven in
      the rain, always been garage kept, and never touched the road during
      the winter months. When parked in the garage it is kept covered and
      parked on carpet squares to protect the tires. Through maintenance
      has been kept current or done ahead of schedule. There are very few
      issues with this car and all are detailed below. This car is a
      weekend driver and has always served this function. It is not a
      concours car, so please do not expect perfection. Please read all
      section of the description before bidding. Goodluck!
      -----------
      Engine/Drivetrain--
      The eta engine in this vehicle is in top condition. There are 99,024
      actual miles on this car, as pictured below and verified thru
      carfax. I recently had the timing belt changed and have the records
      to verify this. I have all maintenance records from my ownership and
      many from the original owner. The engine compartment is clean but
      not exceptionally clean. I had a tune up performed this spring when
      the car was in for the timing belt as well. The clutch feels strong
      and there are no grinds going into any gear. The shifter is firm and
      precise. She runs very well, always starts easy (when cold and when
      warm), and has no running issues.
      -----------
      Exterior--
      The exterior of this car is original and looks exceptional for a
      driver's car. The paint is glossy and lustrous. There is no damage
      and very little signs of wear. All trim is in good condition,
      however the aluminum is a little foggy (very common in early BMWs).
      The car has developed two small rust spots that I would give
      immediate attention to if I was to keep the car. The first is behind
      the driver's front wheel well. The second is in front of the
      passenger's rear wheel well. Please see pictures below. All glass is
      in excellent condition and original. The wheels are original and
      perfect. The tires have less than 2k miles on them. All lights
      function properly, all doors and lids work as well. There are no
      other known issues with the exterior.
      -----------
      Interior--
      I have a set of BMW seat cover that will come with the car and have
      protected the front seats since the car was new. All leather is in
      like new condition. The dash is not cracked. The door panels are in
      excellent condition. The headliner looks good overall but does have
      very minor staining from water getting in the cabin. This is a very
      common sign of a slight leak in either the moonroof or the rear
      vents. I have never noticed any active leaking of either. The
      headliner on the moonroof was removed to try and find the source of
      any leak. I have the liner, it is in good condition and is waiting
      to be reinstalled. I can do this if the buyer requests. The carpet
      is very good and shows no stains. The mats are BMW mats and are in
      very good condition. This is the nicest interior I have seen in this
      vintage bimmer.
      -----------
      Other--
      I think I have exhausted descriptions of all areas one may be
      interested in. However, I am sure a serious buyer will need more
      info. I will check my email on a daily basis so please send your
      questions and I will try to answer them promptly. Thank-you for your
      interest!
    • Ron Kall
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2003
        The link did not work. Where is the car located at?
        What are the pricing expectations? I have 240k on my
        1986 ETA engine. No overhauls yet and does not use a
        drop of oil between oil changes, 20W50, every 3k
        miles.

        http://photos.yahoo.com/