Headlamp wipers

  • smerph_smerph
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
      Basic questions - when should my headlamp wipers work?
      Presumeably only when the lights are on?
      Which fuse controls them?
      Does the washer fluid come from the main reservoir or is there a
      second one?

      (No I don't have the car's handbook!)
    • jwestwood2
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
        My M5 is up for sale, I'm looking for £5995 but will haggle. Photo's
        and more description available on request.

        Car located nr Edinburgh.
      • goldsoul2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
          The headlamp wipers & washers are actually powered up by a loom that
          takes its power from a connecter on the back of the r/h headlamp
          unit. When you put your jetwash on as normal, the headlamp wipers
          will come on automatically with your main wipers but only if you have
          your lights on (to save screenwash). I have 3 motors in my washer
          tank. one of the front ones is exclusively for the front jets and the
          fluid does come from the main tank. The relay that is mounted on the
          washer tank acts as the timer for the motors & jets. I have recently
          fitted the full set to my car as well as the heated washer jets. When
          I got the motors they were both siezed but i stripped, cleaned & re-
          greased the spindles & they are as good as new.