no ignition '88-535is

  • pete confar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2004
      Hi:
      My car wouldn't start the other day, it cranked strong but didn't
      fire. A few minutes later, it reluctantly started. Same thing
      happened yesterday. Once started, no problem at all. Today the car
      cranks strong, but no ignition. I've tryed many times. Tonight I
      checked for ignition spark at the coil, none. The flywheel sensors
      ohm reading seems to check OK by Bentley's numbers.
      Any ideas? Can the ohm reading be OK for the sensor, yet it still be
      bad?
      Maybe it's the Mototronic unit? (so much money I am reluctant to
      experiment)
      Any help or ideas sure would be appreciated!
      Pete