Re: [bmw e28] fan clutch

  • jstadnicki@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
      Doesn't take long to fit a fan clutch. Did mine last year - about15 mins -
      32mm spanner round an opposite thread - dead simple. Good idea to replace it
      because I believe they were a little unreliable. My fan clutch (made by Sachs)
      cost £40 so I would question him.

      Regards
      John (UK)

    • goldsoul2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
        Yeah, I replaced mine as well. It too was a genuine Sachs one about
        £40 also. Use a 32mm viscous hub spanner & knock it a couple of times
        with a mallet 2 jolt the nut free. The reason why it is threaded the
        other way round is so that it dosen't spin off as the engines turning.