Wiring Harness for E28 528e

  • Sumain Malik
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hello All,

      Anyone know where to find the electrical wiring harness for a 528e
      E28?

      I've been offered this car for purchase which is otherwise in OK
      shape except that the owner says the wiring caught fire, and he
      never had it fixed.

      Do you think it is a good idea to buy this car? How much should I
      offer him? It is a 1987 model, has been parked for a while, one of
      the windows is broken and the tires have rotted.

      the current owner says it belonged to the US ambassador to India.
      The car is currently in New Delhi, where I live.

      cheers

      Sumain
    • I, Ludeking
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
        Dont buy it ....you can get the same model car in really good
        condition for about 1400$ in the US so I bet that car isnt worth 200
        bucks ..let alone the headache's! my opinion ....
      • Sumain
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
          Perhaps I can buy the 528e at a pittance in its current condition (burnt
          wiring).

          Do you think I can get the engine back to life without much effort? Is
          it possible to put it into my E30 316i? Do you think it's a good idea to
          even try?

          Sumain

          Dont buy it ....you can get the same model car in really good
          condition for about 1400$ in the US so I bet that car isnt worth 200
          bucks ..let alone the headache's! my opinion ....

          _____

          <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> of Service.

        • dave528iseauto86
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
            --- In bmwe28@..., "Sumain" <sumain@s...> wrote:
            > Perhaps I can buy the 528e at a pittance in its current condition
            (burnt
            > wiring).
            >
            > Do you think I can get the engine back to life without much
            effort? Is
            > it possible to put it into my E30 316i? Do you think it's a good
            idea to
            > even try?
            >
            > Sumain
            > not worth the hastle you will need the loom any way.And with only
            120 or so bhp hardly worth all the work.