engine misfire

  • dave528iseauto86
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2004
      Can any one help me solve an engine misfire on my 1986 528ise auto.
      Ive already checked the injectors and changed the ECU.
      Any info would be very much appreciated.
    • dave528iseauto86
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2004
        I have changed the spark plugs,disy cap,rotor arm,leads etc.Have
        done compression test(good readings)the car has only done 83000
        miles.THANK FOR YOUR REPLY TJ.any ideas appresiated.
      • dave528iseauto86
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2004
          The car turns over for about 3 to 4 seconds, sounds rough at start
          up and ticks over erratickly.When driven you can tell its
          misfiring,and has a delayed lack of power.It seems to improve when
          hot but does'nt drive smoothly.When hot does restart quicker after
          switch off.
        • dave528iseauto86
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
            car does seem rich giving off white may be slighty blue smoke on
            start up,no black.thanks for your input steve.
          • Doug Dykaar
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
              dave,

              Check the O2 sensor. The wires on mine fell off. Could also be the fuel
              pressure regulator. Had that too. Similar symptoms.

              -doug

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2004