wheels

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 5, 2004
      Hi guys, does anyone knoe if a set of 635csi wheels would fit
      directly on to my E28?, (i have been offered a set for free!)
    • dave528iseauto86
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5, 2004
        --- In bmwe28@..., "Gina" <gina_uk_tv@y...> wrote:
        > Hi guys, does anyone knoe if a set of 635csi wheels would fit
        > directly on to my E28?, (i have been offered a set for free!)

        Yes the wheels will fit E28.for free you can't go wrong.
      • iain@535se.co.uk
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2004
          Yes the PCD & Ofset is the same so you should be ok

          "dave528iseauto86" <ls001d5888@...> wrote:

          > --- In bmwe28@..., "Gina" <gina_uk_tv@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi guys, does anyone knoe if a set of 635csi wheels would fit
          > > directly on to my E28?, (i have been offered a set for free!)
          >
          > Yes the wheels will fit E28.for free you can't go wrong.

          > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

        • atmimp
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 11, 2005
            Hi there,
            I want to some BBS style alloys to my car, i was thinking 15" or
            16". But dont no witch size would be best or what size tyre to use.
            please help.
            Chears,
            atmimp.
          • Ismael Tillawi
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 11, 2005
              Hey Duuud..

              I suggest u keep the 14� original alloys and have a 195-75 R 14 tires, they
              are the standard, if u do so, and u will reduce fuel and oil consumption.

              Otherwise, if u have some money and u wanna spend them without giving me
              them: P, get a 16� alloys and a 215 � 95 R 16, they will look great on ur
              e28 buddy.

              Regards,

              Ismael Tillawi

              _____

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 11, 2005
                Hi Atmimp,

                I don't know which E28 you have but to preserve the original diameter of the
                195/70-14 you'll need something with about a 630mm diameter. So if you want
                to go for a 15" wheel, try a 215/60-15 (639mm), a 205/60-15 (627mm) or a
                225/55-15 (629mm). The factory 15" wheel is 7" wide. If you go for a 16"
                wheel, go for a 225/50-16 in either a 7 1/2" or 8" width. In my tyre
                testing experience, I have found E28's respond quite poorly in terms of turn
                in and steering feel if anything wider than a 225 section tyre is used on
                the front.

                Regards,

                Carl.

                : I want to some BBS style alloys to my car, i was thinking 15" or
                : 16". But dont no witch size would be best or what size tyre to use.
                : please help.
                : Chears,
                : atmimp.
                :
                :
                :
                :
                : To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                :
                :
                : Yahoo! Groups Links
                :
                :
                :
                :
                :
                :
              • Roderick Tuason

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11, 2005
                    You can find all your fitment questions answered in The BMW E28 Wheel & Tire "Database" at <http://home.mindspring.com/~scrappycrow/e28wheels.html>.

                    I use BBS basketweave wheels from an E28 M5. They measure 7.5x16ET20. My tires are 225/50-15. It's a very nice setup for ride and performance. Since it's a factory fitment on the same chassis, no fender rolling or trimming was necessary, even with my car's lowered suspension.

                    The biggest wheels I would consider on an E28 are the 17" M-System II ("Throwing Star") wheels from an E34 M5. Read about them at <http://tinyurl.com/7sqwf>.
                    --
                    Bob Sutterfield
                    '88 E28 535iS lachssilber-met
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 11, 2005
                      HI there
                      Im based in sheffield (England). Are BBS "basketweaves" the normal 2 piece rim? X spoke type thing, with the big "nut" used as the center cap?

                      Sorry, Should have said earlyer; its a 1986 520i auto.

                      Mine seams to have rear disks, is this normal?

                      I worked in the motor trade for a few years and found that 520s usually had the same brakes as the 518s, wile all the lager engined models had disks all round.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
                        Hi all,

                        I have a red light which is lighting when I press on the brakes in a strong
                        way.

                        It is a circle and has some dashes around.

                        Can anyone tell me about it, what this is for, specially I have changed the
                        front brakes 2 months ago.

                        More over, I always have the brakes paddle too low, I go to the garage, and
                        they do something like adjusting them in the back wheels, and he told me
                        that the E28 series brakes should always be adjusted like this, I heard one
                        day there is a lock for them, which prevents the paddle to go deep.

                        Please, can anyone help me? :-)

                        Eng. Ismael Al Tillawi
                        Quality Assurance

                        info2cell.com - ACOTEL Middle East
                        Amman- Jordan

                        Mobile :+962 79 6816344
                        Work :+962 6 5531140

                        Fax :+962 6 5531141
                        E-Mail : <mailto:ismael@...> ismael@...

                        <mailto:Ismael2001jo@...> Ismael2001jo@...

                        Website : <blocked::http://www.info2cell.com> www.info2cell.com
                        : <http://ismaelt.blogspot.com/> http://Ismaelt.blogspot.com

                        BE THE FIRST TO KNOW

                        =========================

                        NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

                        This E-mail message and its attachments (if any) are intended solely for the
                        use of the addressee hereof and as such remains the property of info2cell.
                        In addition, this message and the attachments (if any) may contain
                        information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure
                        under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
                        you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing,
                        disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. Delivery of this message
                        to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any
                        right or privilege. If you have received this message in error, please
                        promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this
                        message from your system.

                        * .

                      • Simon Lutton
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 14, 2005
                          HI

                          Someone else just asked the same thing as you. It means the brake pad lining is wearing. By the sound of things it is your back brakes. You will want to replace the rear pads soonish. IF you do it yourself, just becarefull not to break the sensor.

                          Good luck