RE: [bmw e28] thought i';d share a product i found

  • Doug Dykaar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004
      Matt,

      Be afraid, be very afraid. If you're lucky, not much damage may have occured
      to date. Typically "friction reducers" contain sulphur which increases wear,
      or at best acts as oil thickening agent.

      If multi-national chemical companies with PhD research staffs don't put in,
      chances are it doesn't work in the long run. I seem to remember some
      webpages that debunk these sorts of products.

      YMMV,

      -d

      hey, my name is matt, i proudly own a 1983 528e (i love the boat)
      it;s an awesome car, it has a rebuilt engine with only about 95k on it, and
      small perf. upgrades (intake ect.)
      anyway, i found this stuff called friction free 3000. appearently its an oil
      additive that helps everything be Luvricated ALL THE TIME inside the
      engine.. pretty cool conspet i suppose..

      i put a bottle of it in last time i changed the oil, and at fist, i never
      saw a dif, but after about 300 miles, WOW, My engine got REAL peppy all of a
      sudden, and plus it helps my gas MIleage out ALOT.
      my car is running faster then it ever did, it;s awesome, i love taking it
      to autocross (yeh touring style babY! lol) it's a real fun car, anyway, i
      liked this product and just wanted to share with other.. if u wanted to take
      a look at it, the link where i ordered from is below.

      www.karenv.com
      then to the left, at top, click automotive, then the big picture bottle of
      friction free 3000.

      a mechanic friend of mine told me about this product, said it really helps
      out the engine life, i don't, take a look for yourself, and tell me what u
      think -Matt

      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2004
        I'm with Doug on this one, there are loads of so called friction eliminators
        on the market (Motor Up, ZX1, Asta 3000), all of which make siginificant
        claims, some of which may be accurate, but at the end of the day if they were
        that good they would be in all new cars and manufaturers would put it in as
        part of a service, but they don't.

        I guess if it works for you and your happy then why not, but I wouldn't put it
        in my engine.

        Iain

        "Doug Dykaar" <ddykaar@...> wrote:

        > Matt,
        >
        > Be afraid, be very afraid. If you're lucky, not much damage may have occured
        > to date. Typically "friction reducers" contain sulphur which increases wear,
        > or at best acts as oil thickening agent.
        >
        > If multi-national chemical companies with PhD research staffs don't put in,
        > chances are it doesn't work in the long run. I seem to remember some
        > webpages that debunk these sorts of products.
        >
        > YMMV,
        >
        > -d
        >
        > hey, my name is matt, i proudly own a 1983 528e (i love the boat)
        > it;s an awesome car, it has a rebuilt engine with only about 95k on it, and
        > small perf. upgrades (intake ect.)
        > anyway, i found this stuff called friction free 3000. appearently its an oil
        > additive that helps everything be Luvricated ALL THE TIME inside the
        > engine.. pretty cool conspet i suppose..
        >
        > i put a bottle of it in last time i changed the oil, and at fist, i never
        > saw a dif, but after about 300 miles, WOW, My engine got REAL peppy all of a
        > sudden, and plus it helps my gas MIleage out ALOT.
        > my car is running faster then it ever did, it;s awesome, i love taking it
        > to autocross (yeh touring style babY! lol) it's a real fun car, anyway, i
        > liked this product and just wanted to share with other.. if u wanted to take
        > a look at it, the link where i ordered from is below.
        >
        > www.karenv.com
        > then to the left, at top, click automotive, then the big picture bottle of
        > friction free 3000.
        >
        > a mechanic friend of mine told me about this product, said it really helps
        > out the engine life, i don't, take a look for yourself, and tell me what u
        > think -Matt

        > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

      • Craig Newman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2004
          Am I just too cynical? I read through the email and viewed it as
          personalised spam trying to sell a miracle sure for older
          engines.

          If Matt's genuine - sorry Matt but I'm a cynical git.
          If Matts a spammer - I hope your next's shit's a hedgehog.

          mrClegg
          528i
          520i

          Just picked up some dirt cheap 215/45/17 Fulda tyres from eBay
          for my 520i - how come 205/50/17 tyres look wider than the
          225/50/16s on my 528? Is just an optical effect due to a big wheel?