FW: lights

  • Oliver, Rodney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2004
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Oliver, Rodney
      Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 8:31 AM
      To: bmw28@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: lights

      Hi all maybe someone can help me. I have a 1985 528e, my lights just
      went out on me my dash, cig lighter, and my rear running lights, I have
      rear brake lights. I checked all the fuses and they seen to be good not
      broken or anything. I just recently got this car so everything is new to
      me never had a foreign car before any input will be helpful thanks.

    • Ron Kall
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16, 2004
        I would suggest taking out each fuse, cleaning it, and
        put it back making sure that each fuse has proper
        tension to hold it and conduct power.

        Ron Kall

        1985 535i
        1986 528e

        > Hi all maybe someone can help me. I have a 1985
        > 528e, my lights just
        > went out on me my dash, cig lighter, and my rear
        > running lights, I have
        > rear brake lights. I checked all the fuses and they
        > seen to be good not
        > broken or anything. I just recently got this car so
        > everything is new to
        > me never had a foreign car before any input will be
        > helpful thanks.

        > removed]

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Oliver, Rodney
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2004
          thank, for the input Ron, I also have another problem, I'm not getting
          any heat form my car the blower is blowing, I'm not leaking any fluid in
          the driving compartment someone told me that I may need to change my
          heater valves if I'm not getting fluid in the car, or do you think I
          should get a heater core put in. also would you recommend me doing this
          job myself, I called around some shops want upwards of 500.00 to 700.00
          is it that hard thanks for your feedback. also I'm form Boston, Ma. do
          anyone know of a good junkyard I can go to, and get some decent parts,
          etc. bumpers,hood,.

          I would suggest taking out each fuse, cleaning it, and
          put it back making sure that each fuse has proper
          tension to hold it and conduct power.

          Ron Kall

          1985 535i
          1986 528e

          > Hi all maybe someone can help me. I have a 1985
          > 528e, my lights just
          > went out on me my dash, cig lighter, and my rear
          > running lights, I have
          > rear brake lights. I checked all the fuses and they
          > seen to be good not
          > broken or anything. I just recently got this car so
          > everything is new to
          > me never had a foreign car before any input will be
          > helpful thanks.

          > removed]

          of Service <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .

        • Steve Haygood
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2004
            the heater core is a major pain, Only replace it if is leaking. Replacing
            the heater valve, on the other hand is a simple cheap job
            Steve
            Keep It Runnin'
            www.stevehaygood.com
            Automobile Solutions