Fix my key...

  • I, Ludeking
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2004
      Hi folks, I bought a 1985 528e with power locks but the key is
      damaged and doesnt have the LED( small light) or a battery inside
      does anyone know what I can do to repair or replace the key...I
      havent had any luck with locksmiths...is there a way i can just buy a
      new LED and stick that in there ..will that work...? Thanks for any
      input...keep motorin'!
    • Steve Cunningham
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2004
        ebay, all of the time.....around $18-25

        From: "I, Ludeking" <iludeking@...>
        Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:41:53 -0000
        To: bmwe28@...
        Subject: [bmw e28] Fix my key...

        Hi folks, I bought a 1985 528e with power locks but the key is
        damaged and doesnt have the LED( small light) or a battery inside
        does anyone know what I can do to repair or replace the key...I
        havent had any luck with locksmiths...is there a way i can just buy a
        new LED and stick that in there ..will that work...? Thanks for any
        input...keep motorin'!

        <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .

      • I, Ludeking
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2004
          Checked ebay but I could only find key blanks that had No electronics
          inside... the doors unlock automatically when I turn off the ignition
          and I would like to lock my doors without having to do it by hand all
          the time...Ill keep looking though...anyone know what color/size LED
          goes into the key?
          Thanks
        • Matt Meade

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 20, 2004
              Heck, I dont know. The key has a hole in the front and there were
              some broken wire debris inside that I pulled out after I got it home,
              the battery inside was rusted....I just assumed that the wire stuff
              was an LED..I put a picture of the key in the photo album next to my
              car under ('85 528e) Thanks...