e28 american prices or reviews?

  • griffinaffelsauce
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 24, 2004
      anybody know what a 535 cost back in 1987? "i" or "is"

      and do you know of any reviews by car mags of the time?
    • mark mogensen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26, 2004
        I remember people saying that in the USA original prices for a 535i were around $32,000. As far as reviews i haven't seen that many. I did read one but i can't remember where it was, there are more reviews on the e28 M5 rather than the plain 535i but i'll keep checking for ya.
        Mark

      • Ron Kall
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26, 2004
          Mark,

          my 1986 528e msrp'd at 31.1k. i recall that the 535i's
          were another 10k up from there. i would put it 38-40k
          in my mind.

          Ron Kall

          1986 528e
          1985 535i

          --- mark mogensen <mogie830@...> wrote:

          > I remember people saying that in the USA original
          > prices for a 535i were around $32,000. As far as
          > reviews i haven't seen that many. I did read one but
          > i can't remember where it was, there are more
          > reviews on the e28 M5 rather than the plain 535i but
          > i'll keep checking for ya.
          > Mark

          > removed]

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Matt Meade
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2004
            My 535i 5 spd was $38k new. I have the original monroney for it. The owner then sent it to Dinan in California and put another $6k into it. I bought it for $3k.
            Matt
            Ashland, OR

            Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:
            Mark,

            my 1986 528e msrp'd at 31.1k. i recall that the 535i's
            were another 10k up from there. i would put it 38-40k
            in my mind.

            Ron Kall

            1986 528e
            1985 535i

            --- mark mogensen <mogie830@...> wrote:

            > I remember people saying that in the USA original
            > prices for a 535i were around $32,000. As far as
            > reviews i haven't seen that many. I did read one but
            > i can't remember where it was, there are more
            > reviews on the e28 M5 rather than the plain 535i but
            > i'll keep checking for ya.
            > Mark

            > removed]

          • john macdonald
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2004
              I have the e28 5 series gold portfolio book with all the reviews of the
              e28s in it it has has about 30 articles ranging from comparisons
              between the 520 and other cars of the period to the M5 if you want a
              copy of a review email me and I can send it to you

              John Mac

              On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 09:32 AM, Matt Meade wrote:

              > My 535i 5 spd was $38k new. I have the original monroney for it. The
              > owner then sent it to Dinan in California and put another $6k into it.
              > I bought it for $3k.
              > Matt
              > Ashland, OR
              >
              > Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:
              > Mark,
              >
              > my 1986 528e msrp'd at 31.1k. i recall that the 535i's
              > were another 10k up from there. i would put it 38-40k
              > in my mind.
              >
              > Ron Kall
              >
              > 1986 528e
              > 1985 535i
              >
              > --- mark mogensen <mogie830@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I remember people saying that in the USA original
              >> prices for a 535i were around $32,000. As far as
              >> reviews i haven't seen that many. I did read one but
              >> i can't remember where it was, there are more
              >> reviews on the e28 M5 rather than the plain 535i but
              >> i'll keep checking for ya.
              >> Mark

              >> removed]

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              john macdonald architectural illustrator
              email: john-macdonald@...
              web: www.users.bigpond.com/john-macdonald
              ph 612 9949 6397
              fx 612 9948 6284
            • mark mogensen
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2004
                Oh, well that 32K is what i heard from a guy that got a 1988 535i, i guess myabe he was a little off.

                mark

              • Tony COOK
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 27, 2004
                  Hi Joh, could u please send me a review of the E28 please? I am the proud
                  owner of a mint E28 535iSE, in royal met blue with cream leather, a
                  beautiful machine, it has a £7k history file with it and may be up for sale
                  soon as i get my Mercedes back, Thanking u in anticipation Tony.

                  I have the e28 5 series gold portfolio book with all the reviews of the
                  e28s in it it has has about 30 articles ranging from comparisons
                  between the 520 and other cars of the period to the M5 if you want a
                  copy of a review email me and I can send it to you

                  John Mac

                  On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 09:32 AM, Matt Meade wrote:

                  > My 535i 5 spd was $38k new. I have the original monroney for it. The
                  > owner then sent it to Dinan in California and put another $6k into it.
                  > I bought it for $3k.
                  > Matt
                  > Ashland, OR
                  >
                  > Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:
                  > Mark,
                  >
                  > my 1986 528e msrp'd at 31.1k. i recall that the 535i's
                  > were another 10k up from there. i would put it 38-40k
                  > in my mind.
                  >
                  > Ron Kall
                  >
                  > 1986 528e
                  > 1985 535i
                  >
                  > --- mark mogensen <mogie830@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I remember people saying that in the USA original
                  >> prices for a 535i were around $32,000. As far as
                  >> reviews i haven't seen that many. I did read one but
                  >> i can't remember where it was, there are more
                  >> reviews on the e28 M5 rather than the plain 535i but
                  >> i'll keep checking for ya.
                  >> Mark

                  >> removed]

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  john macdonald architectural illustrator
                  email: john-macdonald@...
                  web: www.users.bigpond.com/john-macdonald
                  ph 612 9949 6397
                  fx 612 9948 6284

                • JrLevin
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 27, 2004
                    I would love to see some of that information. I own a '87 535is with 176,000 miles on it and love it as my daily drive ( in the summer) I live just south of Albany NY. Jeff Levin Thanks
                    I have the e28 5 series gold portfolio book with all the reviews of the
                    e28s in it it has has about 30 articles ranging from comparisons
                    between the 520 and other cars of the period to the M5 if you want a
                    copy of a review email me and I can send it to you

                    John Mac

                    On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 09:32 AM, Matt Meade wrote:

                    > My 535i 5 spd was $38k new. I have the original monroney for it. The
                    > owner then sent it to Dinan in California and put another $6k into it.
                    > I bought it for $3k.
                    > Matt
                    > Ashland, OR
                    >
                    > Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:
                    > Mark,
                    >
                    > my 1986 528e msrp'd at 31.1k. i recall that the 535i's
                    > were another 10k up from there. i would put it 38-40k
                    > in my mind.
                    >
                    > Ron Kall
                    >
                    > 1986 528e
                    > 1985 535i
                    >
                    > --- mark mogensen <mogie830@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> I remember people saying that in the USA original
                    >> prices for a 535i were around $32,000. As far as
                    >> reviews i haven't seen that many. I did read one but
                    >> i can't remember where it was, there are more
                    >> reviews on the e28 M5 rather than the plain 535i but
                    >> i'll keep checking for ya.
                    >> Mark

                    >> removed]

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    john macdonald architectural illustrator
                    email: john-macdonald@...
                    web: www.users.bigpond.com/john-macdonald
                    ph 612 9949 6397
                    fx 612 9948 6284

                  • Philippe DEMEYER
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 28, 2004
                      Is there any information in this review on the 1982 528i race cars prepared by Eggenberger ?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 28, 2004
                        there is a website and i have downloaded some of this information I
                        will have to dig this up when I do I will email it to you

                        John mac

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 28, 2004
                          I have this photo of one of the Eggenberger cars I believe this is the
                          car that won the championship

                          ----------

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 28, 2004
                            John,
                            There is no picture attached to your mail.
                            Regards.
                            Philippe Demeyer
                            I have this photo of one of the Eggenberger cars I believe this is the
                            car that won the championship

                            ----------

                            On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 05:33 PM, Philippe DEMEYER wrote:

                            > Is there any information in this review on the 1982 528i race cars
                            > prepared by Eggenberger ?

                          • griffin affelsauce
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 28, 2004
                              i would be really interested to see any of the reviews in that book,
                              preferably a comparison the e28 and a mercedes or other luxury sedans of the
                              period. thanks a lot

                              >From: john macdonald <johnmacdon@...>
                              >To: bmwe28@...
                              >Subject: Re: [bmw e28] e28 american prices or reviews?
                              >Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:51:47 +1000
                              >
                              >I have the e28 5 series gold portfolio book with all the reviews of the
                              >e28s in it it has has about 30 articles ranging from comparisons
                              >between the 520 and other cars of the period to the M5 if you want a
                              >copy of a review email me and I can send it to you
                              >
                              >John Mac

                              Share a single photo or an entire photo slide show right inside MSN�
                              Messenger.
                              first two months FREE*.