new to the group

  • scott Newe
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2004
      New to the group. Just purchased a 1988 535i and have
      a couple questions.

    • newellsb
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
        oops forgot to post the questions.

        Ok I just purchased a 1988 535I with ABS It needs brakes and rotors
        and I am trying to figure out if this is something I can do myself
        or should take it in to my mechanic? I have changed brakes in the
        past.

        Also is there a way to clear the Inspection light on the dash. I am
        assuming its coming on because of the brakes?

        last thing, Its an auto but at the bottom of the shift housing
        there is a dial with Sport, Ecom, 3-2-1 what is that for?

        any other information would be great.

        Scott
      • Steven Graulich
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
          newellsb <newellsb@...> wrote: The brake replacement should not be that hard when changing the rotors and pads. Be sure to grease the pins that the caliper slides on to ensure that the caliper don't hang up and warp a rotor. Can't help with the inspection light or the gearshift question sorry I have a 528 E .

        • rabalagot
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2006
            Hi fellas, I'm new to the group. Actually this is my first time being
            in the group. I do have an e28 535is, I'll post some pictures up after
            I get the hang of this group thing. Nice to meet you all!