e28 body kit

  • Ron Adams
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
      does anyone have or contemplated getting a body kit for your e28?
      what are the advantages/disadvantages?
      BMP used to have them but they are redesigning. I was told that
      they want $1300-$1400 for it when it comes back. However, I found
      one at $900 including shipping. Any thoughts?
    • MrClegg
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
        Hi Ron
        > does anyone have or contemplated getting a body kit for your e28?
        > what are the advantages/disadvantages?
        > Any thoughts?
        Yes! I've yet to see an E28 that looked better with a body kit than
        without, it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever made!
        Obviously just a personal opinion but I think it's safe to say that
        I'll not be looking for a body kit for either of my E28s this side of
        my death...
        Craig
      • conman565
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
          --- In bmwe28@..., "MrClegg" <mrcleggsbike@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Ron
          > > does anyone have or contemplated getting a body kit for your e28?
          > > what are the advantages/disadvantages?
          > > Any thoughts?
          > Yes! I've yet to see an E28 that looked better with a body kit than
          > without, it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever made!
          > Obviously just a personal opinion but I think it's safe to say that
          > I'll not be looking for a body kit for either of my E28s this side of
          > my death...
          > Craig

          Man, i dont know what you're smoking but i want some, i have a Zinder
          kit on my car ('86 528e ^_^) and it looks WAY better than when i
          bought it, also, if I remember correctly the e28 M5 has a body kit ,
          doesnt it?
        • Craig Newman
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
            Hello
            >>> does anyone have or contemplated getting a body kit for your
            >>>e28? what are the advantages/disadvantages?
            >>> Any thoughts?
            >>Yes! I've yet to see an E28 that looked better with a body kit
            >>than without, it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever
            >>made!
            >> Craig
            >Man, i dont know what you're smoking but i want some, i have a
            >Zinder kit on my car ('86 528e ^_^) and it looks WAY better
            >than when i bought it, also, if I remember correctly the e28 M5
            >has a body kit, doesnt it?
            Is the Zinder kit the one with the twin snare's? Sorry wrong
            list I thought you were talking about a drum kit.
            I have no idea what a Zinder body kit looks like, it might be
            OK, when I said "it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever"
            I was talking about the hideous body kit that ruins the looks of
            the M5.
            Please, please, please don't admit on a public forum that you
            like the BMW M5 body kit, next you'll be making positive
            comments about the Mustang!

            Yours in international misunderstanding
            Craig

            Service.

            =====
            MrClegg
            Newsletter Editor - Northumbria Advanced Motorcyclists
            www.NAM-Online.org

          • conman565
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
              --- In bmwe28@..., Craig Newman <mrcleggsbike@y...> wrote:
              > Hello
              > >>Yes! I've yet to see an E28 that looked better with a body kit
              > >>than without, it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever
              > >>made!
              > >> Craig
              > >Man, i dont know what you're smoking but i want some, i have a
              > >Zinder kit on my car ('86 528e ^_^) and it looks WAY better
              > >than when i bought it, also, if I remember correctly the e28 M5
              > >has a body kit, doesnt it?
              > Is the Zinder kit the one with the twin snare's? Sorry wrong
              > list I thought you were talking about a drum kit.
              > I have no idea what a Zinder body kit looks like, it might be
              > OK, when I said "it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever"
              > I was talking about the hideous body kit that ruins the looks of
              > the M5.
              > Please, please, please don't admit on a public forum that you
              > like the BMW M5 body kit, next you'll be making positive
              > comments about the Mustang!
              >
              > Yours in international misunderstanding
              > Craig

              sorry, i was just making a point, and the Zender kit (sorry for the
              zinder mispell) is bassicly the M5 front Spoiler and a nice set of
              sideskirts and a back under-the-bumper

              and the international missunderstanding thing was pretty funny

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > Service.
              >

              > =====
              > MrClegg
              > Newsletter Editor - Northumbria Advanced Motorcyclists
              > www.NAM-Online.org
              >

              > ___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW
              Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!
              http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
            • jonny-bravo@tiscali.co.uk
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
                > >>Yes! I've yet to see an E28 that looked better with a body kit
                > >>than without, it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever
                > >>made!
                > >> Craig
                > >Man, i dont know what you're smoking but i want some, i have a
                > >Zinder kit on my car ('86 528e ^_^) and it looks WAY better
                > >than when i bought it, also, if I remember correctly the e28 M5
                > >has a body kit, doesnt it?
                > Is the Zinder kit the one with the twin snare's? Sorry wrong
                > list I thought you were talking about a drum kit.
                > I have no idea what a Zinder body kit looks like, it might be
                > OK, when I said "it has to be one of the ugliest body kits ever"
                > I was talking about the hideous body kit that ruins the looks of
                > the M5.
                > Please, please, please don't admit on a public forum that you
                > like the BMW M5 body kit, next you'll be making positive
                > comments about the Mustang!
                >
                > Yours in international misunderstanding
                > Craig

                sorry, i was just making a point, and the Zender kit (sorry for the
                zinder mispell) is bassicly the M5 front Spoiler and a nice set of
                sideskirts and a back under-the-bumper

                and the international missunderstanding thing was pretty funny

                Hi Folks. just got my E28 520i back on the road after bent trailing arm
                incident.
                Kerb induced adjustment of camber! Anyway, back on topic- I've got a zender
                front spoiler on "The Pimpmobile" and a 528i rubber spoiler on the back.
                I think it looks great, but I do have to be rather careful about dips and
                humps in the road! I'll try to get some pics on sometime. I haven't noticed
                many heaterstayingonfullhotallthedamntime problems lately, any suggestions?
                The control appears to be electrical. Never seen that on any other cars.
                If anyone is interested in having my car, I'll be getting rid of it soon
                because I am getting an E30 325i and an M535i. Drop me a line.

                Jonny

                Get Tiscali Broadband From £15:99
                http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband