new owner of 1982 528e need help

  • Dahn
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
      I inherited the car 2 days ago and was overjoyed.. now the car sits
      outside with the windows stuck in the down position... I have no
      power to the windows..

      Any ideas what it might be??
    • john Gieringer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2004
        The window circuit breaker on the lower panel that goes around the steering
        column, to the right of the steering column. This switch will disable or
        enable the windows. If this doesn't work, check the fuses and then ensure
        the wiring hasn't come loose from this circuit breaker.

        John
        '85 535i

        I inherited the car 2 days ago and was overjoyed.. now the car sits
        outside with the windows stuck in the down position... I have no
        power to the windows..

        Any ideas what it might be??

      • griffin affelsauce
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21, 2004
          same thing happened to me. sit in the drivers seat and in front of your
          right knee is a button. push it

          Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The new
          MSN Search! Check it out!
        • WickedPiscesMoon
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2004
            Bah - I tried that still didnt work.... Thank youf or the advice. I think something is wrong with that connection.

            griffin affelsauce <griffinaffelsauce@...> wrote:same thing happened to me. sit in the drivers seat and in front of your
            right knee is a button. push it