spuddering engine

  • coolman41
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2004
      My 83 528e set up for awhile before and now when i start it up, it
      spudders when it is cold , seems to get better when it gets hot, but
      still will if i accelerate real fast like passing some slow poke, I
      have read some of the posts about the fuel pump in the tank, could
      this be my problem? will it run better in the winter ? any help would
      most appreciated, thanks in advance, The General
    • Craig
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2004
        In my experience the in tank pump has little to no affect until less than 1/4 tank of petrol. Depending on how long the car sat maybe you have bad petrol or water in the petrol.

        Check for vacuum leaks from cracked or disconnected hoses. Next would be a tune up, new plugs, valve adjust, etc. Check/replace the rotor and dist cap.

        Let us know how things work out.

        Craig

        coolman41 <528bmw@...> wrote:

        My 83 528e set up for awhile before and now when i start it up, it
        spudders when it is cold , seems to get better when it gets hot, but
        still will if i accelerate real fast like passing some slow poke, I
        have read some of the posts about the fuel pump in the tank, could
        this be my problem? will it run better in the winter ? any help would
        most appreciated, thanks in advance, The General

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Servi

      • Joel Trevino Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2004
          Check your fuel filter (or just change it out) and anything related to the fuel system as it is most likely that it could have gummed up, up to some point.

          Joel T. Gonzalez
          San Antonio, TX.
          (83) 528e