RE: [bmw e28] temperature reading problems

  • Doug Dykaar
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2004
      Ron,

      The outside temperature sensor is at the front of the car under the bumper
      (right side of the radiator opening as I recall). Check the connections for
      corrosion. The sensor is a resistive type so increased resisitance in the
      signal path will give higher readings.

      Regards,

      Doug

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Ron Kall <ronjkall@...>
      Subject: Re: On Board Computer Display

      OBC issues,

      Has anyone had temperature reading problems relating
      to the OBC. Mine is reading 100 degrees F when the
      ambient temperature is maybe 65 degrees. It was doing
      109 degrees F when ambient was maybe 75. Strange.
      Where is the sensor anyway?

      Ron
    • ken@kenholyoak.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2004
        The 93 735iL turns out to need more than a water pump. The block is cracked
        where the water pump attaches.

        I have several options, hunt down new engine, sell it, or part it out.

        Anyone else have thoughts -

        I have $1590 in it and it looks great, just does not move fast.

        Any and all offers considered.

        Ken Holyoak

        Indianapolis Indiana USA

        317-253-7000

      • ken@kenholyoak.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 20, 2004
          Anyone have a fan (blades only have clutch), shroud, and water pump?

          Kenneth H. Holyoak
          Information+Insight=Profit
          HIG, LLC

          Mail