RE: [bmw e28] 735iL

  • Steve Austin
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
      Ken

      I have heard of people having cracked blocks speciality welded. Don't know
      how much that would cost though. Good luck.

      Paul

      en@...

    • ken@kenholyoak.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
        Turns out that there is a housing that protects then engine and the water
        pump attaches to it. The housing is what is cracked. It almost looks like it
        was cracked when someone removed the water pump.

        We had it running yesterday and it purrs like a kitten.

        Kenneth H. Holyoak
        Information+Insight=Profit
        HIG, LLC
        Mail
        POB 68633
        Indianapolis IN 46268-0633
        UPS
        1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
        Indianapolis IN 46240

        ken@...

        317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

        I have heard of people having cracked blocks specialty welded.  Don't know
        how much that would cost though.  Good luck.

        Paul

        en@...
        >To: <bmwe28@...>
        >Subject: [bmw e28] 735iL
        >Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:19:53 -0500
        >
        >The 93 735iL turns out to need more than a water pump. The block is cracked
        >where the water pump attaches.
        >

        >I have  several options, hunt down new engine, sell it, or part it out.
        >

        >Anyone else have thoughts -
        >

        >I have $1590 in it and it looks great, just does not move fast.
        >

        >Any and all offers considered.
        >

        >Ken Holyoak
        >
        >Indianapolis Indiana USA
        >
        >317-253-7000

      • Oliver, Rodney
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
          so what color is this car, interior and exterior? any problems other
          than what was stated, any dent, rust, or scratches? does electrical work
          sunroof things of that nature.

          I have heard of people having cracked blocks specialty welded.
          Don't know
          how much that would cost though. Good luck.

          Paul

          en@...
          >To: <bmwe28@...>
          >Subject: [bmw e28] 735iL
          >Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:19:53 -0500
          >
          >The 93 735iL turns out to need more than a water pump. The
          block is cracked
          >where the water pump attaches.
          >

          >I have several options, hunt down new engine, sell it, or part
          it out.

          >Anyone else have thoughts -
          >

          >I have $1590 in it and it looks great, just does not move fast.
          >

          >Any and all offers considered.
          >

          >Ken Holyoak
          >
          >Indianapolis Indiana USA
          >
          >317-253-7000

          Service.

          of Service <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .

        • ken@kenholyoak.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
            The car is black with black interior. Looks as good as any 93 I have seen.
            No dents, no rust no body work (at least noticeable)and from what we can
            tell everything works. Car had complete detail before it was sent to the
            auction.

            Everything tells me so far that I got a great buy.

            Kenneth H. Holyoak
            Information+Insight=Profit
            HIG, LLC
            Mail
            POB 68633
            Indianapolis IN 46268-0633
            UPS
            1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
            Indianapolis IN 46240

            ken@...

            317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

            so what color is this car, interior and exterior? any problems other
            than what was stated, any dent, rust, or scratches? does electrical work
            sunroof things of that nature.

                  I have heard of people having cracked blocks specialty welded.
            Don't know
                  how much that would cost though.  Good luck.

                  Paul

                  en@...
                  >To: <bmwe28@...>
                  >Subject: [bmw e28] 735iL
                  >Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:19:53 -0500
                  >
                  >The 93 735iL turns out to need more than a water pump. The
            block is cracked
                  >where the water pump attaches.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >I have  several options, hunt down new engine, sell it, or part
            it out.

                  >Anyone else have thoughts -
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >I have $1590 in it and it looks great, just does not move fast.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >Any and all offers considered.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >Ken Holyoak
                  >
                  >Indianapolis Indiana USA
                  >
                  >317-253-7000

            Service.

                  *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
            of Service <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .

          • Oliver, Rodney

              I have heard of people having cracked blocks specialty
              welded.
              Don't know
              how much that would cost though. Good luck.

              Paul

              en@...
              >To: <bmwe28@...>
              >Subject: [bmw e28] 735iL
              >Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:19:53 -0500
              >
              >The 93 735iL turns out to need more than a water pump.
              The
              block is cracked
              >where the water pump attaches.
              >

              >I have several options, hunt down new engine, sell it,
              or part
              it out.

              >Anyone else have thoughts -
              >

              >I have $1590 in it and it looks great, just does not move
              fast.

              >Any and all offers considered.
              >

              >Ken Holyoak
              >
              >Indianapolis Indiana USA
              >
              >317-253-7000

              of
              Service.

              Terms

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
                Yes it runs - As soon I a find out that the source and cost of the engine
                cover I plan to drive it before I sell.