HELP! i need weatherstripping!

  • trikdad8
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2004
      hi folks, got a 84 528e, amd the rubber around the windows is
      cracking allowing cold air(well any air) to get while i'm motoring &
      it's noisy as heck. anyone i ask about replacing this locally
      (ATLANTA,GA) says it will cost 2 arms and 2 legs! if that's the case
      the e28 will be fine, then i won't be able to drive her! any
      suggestions anybody?
    • Ron Kall
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2004
        replace the weatherstrips, not too bad online. shop
        around. or try and make generic weatherstrip work. i
        used to work at the corolla weatherstrip plant in
        fremont, ca. the stuff is fairly cheap if generic. you
        then cut and glue yourself at the corners.

        ================
        --- trikdad8 <way2rome@...> wrote:

        > hi folks, got a 84 528e, amd the rubber around the
        > windows is
        > cracking allowing cold air(well any air) to get
        > while i'm motoring &
        > it's noisy as heck. anyone i ask about replacing
        > this locally
        > (ATLANTA,GA) says it will cost 2 arms and 2 legs! if
        > that's the case
        > the e28 will be fine, then i won't be able to drive
        > her! any
        > suggestions anybody?

        =====
        Ron Kall
        Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

        1986 528e
        1985 535i

        http://messenger.yahoo.com
      • john Gieringer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2004
          I bought a pair of these at the local BMW dealership for $42.00 each after
          the BMWCCA discount applied. I couldn't find them any cheaper online!

          John
          '85 535i

          --- trikdad8 <way2rome@...> wrote:

          > hi folks, got a 84 528e, amd the rubber around the windows is cracking
          > allowing cold air(well any air) to get while i'm motoring & it's noisy
          > as heck. anyone i ask about replacing this locally
          > (ATLANTA,GA) says it will cost 2 arms and 2 legs! if that's the case
          > the e28 will be fine, then i won't be able to drive her! any
          > suggestions anybody?

          =====
          Ron Kall
          Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730