Muffler

  • ken@kenholyoak.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2004
      I need a rear muffler for my 87 528e - Anyone have any sussestions.

      Has anyone found an aftermarket muffler that will work?

      Thanks

      Kenneth H. Holyoak
      Information+Insight=Profit
      HIG, LLC

      Mail
      POB 68633

      Indianapolis IN 46268-0633

      UPS

      1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
      Indianapolis IN 46240

      ken@...

      317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

    • ken@kenholyoak.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
        When I was a kid and we wanted cars to go faster we simply replaced the
        muffler with straight pipes or if you were really rich or wanted to sound
        like you were fast you could add lake pipes.

        Is there a way to remove my 528e rear muffler and replace it with something
        that would give the car more back pressure and thus go faster. (Much needed
        on 528e)

        Ken

        HIG

        _____

        I need a rear muffler for my 87 528e - Anyone have any sussestions.

        Has anyone found an aftermarket muffler that will work?

        Thanks

        Kenneth H. Holyoak
        Information+Insight=Profit
        HIG, LLC

        Mail
        POB 68633

        Indianapolis IN 46268-0633

        UPS

        1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
        Indianapolis IN 46240

        ken@...

        317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

        _____

        <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> Terms of Service.

      • Craig Newman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
          Hi
          >Is there a way to remove my 528e rear muffler and replace it
          >with something that would give the car more back pressure and
          >thus go faster. (Much needed on 528e)
          If you're looking for a solution avoiding the obvious
          performance parts prices you could contact your local motorcycle
          shop and ask them about a custom made solution as long as you're
          not just thinking about Hardly's they'll be able to make you
          something suitable.

          just a thought...

          =====
          MrClegg
          Newsletter Editor - Northumbria Advanced Motorcyclists
          www.NAM-Online.org

        • Ron Kall
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
            Ken,

            bimmerzone - bosal - about $115.00 free shipping, no
            sales tax. for an extra $15.00 Bosal will do lifetime
            warranty. You need the form to send them a check. I
            can mail you one if bimmerzone comes up short.

            --- ken@... wrote:

            > I need a rear muffler for my 87 528e - Anyone have
            > any sussestions.
            >
            > Has anyone found an aftermarket muffler that will
            > work?
            >
            > Thanks
            >

            > Kenneth H. Holyoak
            > Information+Insight=Profit
            > HIG, LLC
            >
            > Mail
            > POB 68633
            >
            > Indianapolis IN 46268-0633
            >
            > UPS
            >
            > 1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
            > Indianapolis IN 46240
            >

            > ken@...
            >

            > 317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

            > removed]

            =====
            Ron Kall
            Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

            1986 528e
            1985 535i

            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
            www.yahoo.com
          • a88aza88a
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2004
              i've heard of bosals rusting in less than a year. like, 6 months. and
              they were falling apart. that's why they're cheap.
              I don't really recommend this anywhere the police regulate vehicles
              at all.. noise, smog, etc.. but I used to run a flowmaster muffler
              off a 2.5 inch pipe that was joined with the 2 downpipes off the
              motor.. this was on the 3.2 litre, which is quite a bit bigger, but
              that thing roared like a muscle car.. it ended all conversation in
              the vehicle, set off car alarms, and put me in bad terms with the
              neighbors.. but it was worth it when you held it at 5,000 RPM on the
              highway. and it cost me less than $200 at this seedy biker run
              exhaust shop.