hi bourght a 1987 528i how can i tell if it is e28

  • meds2040
    Message 1 of 3 , 7 Nov 13:59
      hi there if anyone can help i have bourght 528i 1987 how can i tell
      if it is a e28
    • Brian M. Armstrong
      Message 2 of 3 , 7 Nov 17:25
        At the risk of exposing my bias, it's the ugliest thing on the road.
        Making it that much more beautiful! Also exposing my limited
        knowledge on the 528"i" (I being from the new world), I would say it
        is an E28. Check an online search engine and look for e28 pics. If
        they match, i'd say you have a winner!

        Brian A.

        --- In bmwe28@..., "meds2040" <ianmeadowcroft@o...>
        wrote:

        > hi there if anyone can help i have bourght 528i 1987 how can i
        tell
        > if it is a e28
      • gary edmonds
        Message 3 of 3 , 8 Nov 02:34
          Hi Ian,

          If you are from the UK then yes you have bought an
          e28. 1987 makes it a late model, the 528i being
          available throughout the e28 lifespan.

          The model that replaced the e28 was known as the e34
          and the 2.8 was not made in this body shape. you can
          tell the differences by a more modern exterior and
          interior; easy tip e28 exhaust systems exit the centre
          of the bodywork, where as e34 and later exit on one
          side.

          Hope that helps and enjoy the car.

          Regards Gary.

          -- meds2040 <ianmeadowcroft@...> wrote:

          hi there if anyone can help i have bourght 528i 1987
          how can i tell
          if it is a e28

          Terms of Service.