RE: [bmw e28] Wash/wipe 82 520i

  • Steve Austin
    Message 1 of 2 , 17 Nov 03:22
      No idea if it can be taken apart easily but would like to know what the
      problem turns out to be. Keep in touch.

      --Paul

      >From: "okareka12000" <okareka12000@...>
      >To: bmwe28@...
      >Subject: [bmw e28] Wash/wipe 82 520i
      >Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:01:14 -0000
      >

      >Thanks for that info, Paul. Do you know if the relay can be taken
      >apart easily (in case it's a loose solder joint problem)? I had that
      >problem on my clock panel light. If anyone is going to take apart
      >their clock, don't forget to unsolder the 2 terminals visable at the
      >top rear before trying to pull the innards out of the casing.These
      >wires connect the panel light to the pcb and it's the joint at the
      >pcb that comes loose. You need a steady hand to realign the wires
      >when reassembling though.A bit of gratuitous information, but it
      >might help somebody. Dave

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
    • john Gieringer
      Message 2 of 2 , 17 Nov 05:07
        My wipers had stopped working on intermittent and low speed, but worked
        pretty good (most of the time) on high speed. Then I removed the wiper
        control relay and repaired it. All of the connectors were loose and/or on
        the verge of completely disconnecting.

        I remove the relay carefully, and removed the cover from the little circuit
        board that connects the relay circuits. I re-soldered all of them carefully
        and snapped the cover back on, put it back in it's socket and problem gone.
        Since, I found a good clean one in a wrecking yard which I keep as a spare.
        Make sure to align the pins so they are straight out of the bottom of the
        circuit board or you may have issues plugging it back into the socket when
        done.

        John
        '85 535i