Ice forming around my eyes!

  • Brian M. Armstrong
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2004
      Everyone, I have a baffling problem. My 84' 528e is freezing me out.
      I noticed about a month ago that the car wouldn't warm up. The
      needle seemed glued to the stop. I changed the thermostat and bingo,
      the car warmed up. The downside is that the heater rarely gets hot.
      I have a new blower motor in it and it is blowing cool air most of
      the time. Is there a valve somewhere that is stuck? Any help would
      be a lifesaver. Oh, and the wife thanks you also, she won't ride in
      my ride any more.

      brian
    • ken@kenholyoak.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2004
        I get a merssage that the brake lining need service, but they look great
        only fluid was low - any way to get the warning light off?

        HIG

        Kenneth H. Holyoak
        Information+Insight=Profit
        HIG, LLC

        Mail
        POB 68633

        Indianapolis IN 46268-0633

        UPS

        1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
        Indianapolis IN 46240

        ken@...

        317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

      • john Gieringer
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2004
          You probably have a sensor wire loose or broken. There's one on left front
          and right rear typically. These wear indicators are a closed circuit, and
          when the wear indicator is worn through, it opens the circuit turning on the
          service light. When replacing pads it's reocmmended replacing these if they
          did their job! Otherwise you can pull the bulb!