Re: [bmw e28] Ice forming around my eyes!

  • Steve Haygood
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
      heater valve insert, I ha e 3 sitting on my desk, Want me to send you one, 35.00 plus postage. Do not buy aftermarket on this item, Bosch only
      Steve
      www.stevehaygood.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
        steve, that sounds great. it will be after the holiday's as i'm
        strapped until then. however do you think that will work? i am
        assuming that is the electric dingy that the heater hoses run thru
        under the brake booster(u.s. specs if there is a diff.) where does it
        get it's signal to open or close?

        tks in advance

        brian
      • Steve Haygood

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
            Re the above problem, my 528i has developed a fault. The heater works well for the first 20-30 minutes only and then just blows out cold air for the next 20 -30 minutes.

            If I fiddle with the temp control wheel from hot to cold and leave it on cold for approx. 10 minutes the hot air then returns when the desired temperature is selected.

            Fellow member Steve Haygood gave advice recently on a similar heating issue just wondered if he or anyone else has any thoughts.

            Many thanks guys,

            Gary.

            Steve Haygood <automobilesolutions@...> wrote: US specs, correct, just let me know when and to where. In 20 years of wrenching on BMW's , this always been the problem. Signal is the temp wheel inside the car
            Steve