535i: Performance figures

  • m_p510
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2005
      Hello

      I am considering buying a 535i. But I'd like to know the performance
      figures, and efficiency figures too. Im also having trouble finding
      dimensions.

      I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks to everyone in advance.

      Cheers,
      MP
    • griffin affelsauce
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
        my owner's manual rates the 535i's 0 - 50 mph at 5.7 seconds for the stick
        and 6.8 for the auto
        quarter mile 16.1 sec and 17.1 respectively and a top speed of 134
        rated at 182 hp at 5400rpm and 213 ft/lb torque at 4000 rpm
        i dont know the exact milage numbers but they aren't exactly good

        griffin
        87 535is

        >From: "m_p510" <mastertevil@...>
        >To: bmwe28@...
        >Subject: [bmw e28] 535i: Performance figures
        >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:58:58 -0000
        >

        >Hello
        >
        >I am considering buying a 535i. But I'd like to know the performance
        >figures, and efficiency figures too. Im also having trouble finding
        >dimensions.
        >
        >I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks to everyone in advance.
        >
        >Cheers,
        >MP

      • m_p510
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
          Wow, I didnt know that the car had such good performance.

          I live in Canada, I am looking at a 1986 535i with Manual transmission
          and it is bronze with grey cloth interior. It has 170K kms. And it is
          asking $2900 CDN.

          Cheers,
          MP

          --- In bmwe28@..., "griffin affelsauce"
          <griffinaffelsauce@h...> wrote:
          > my owner's manual rates the 535i's 0 - 50 mph at 5.7 seconds for
          the stick
          > and 6.8 for the auto
          > quarter mile 16.1 sec and 17.1 respectively and a top speed of 134
          > rated at 182 hp at 5400rpm and 213 ft/lb torque at 4000 rpm
          > i dont know the exact milage numbers but they aren't exactly good
          >
          > griffin
          > 87 535is
          >

          > >From: "m_p510" <mastertevil@h...>
          > >To: bmwe28@...
          > >Subject: [bmw e28] 535i: Performance figures
          > >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:58:58 -0000
          > >

          > >Hello
          > >
          > >I am considering buying a 535i. But I'd like to know the
          performance
          > >figures, and efficiency figures too. Im also having trouble finding
          > >dimensions.
          > >
          > >I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks to everyone in advance.
          > >
          > >Cheers,
          > >MP

        • Steve Cunningham
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
            Then if you "chip-it" and make sure it's freshly tuned, you will be a very
            happy e28 owner. It's a sweet addiction.

            C'ville Steve

            From: "m_p510" <mastertevil@...>
            Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 22:03:57 -0000
            To: bmwe28@...