electrical problems

  • maca600ss
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2005
      My central locking radio interior lights recently stopped working checked the
      fuses seemed OK changed them anyway fixed the problem, I have posted
      about the fuses in these cars before they seem to last about three years there
      are some good ones and some bad ones YOU CAN'T TELL BY LOOKING AT
      THEM THEY CAN APPEAR FINE (people do not realise this) I don't know why
      this is but after thirteen years of ownership of the same car and being caught
      yet again( it has happened about six or seven times to me) I say to anyone
      with any sort of electrical problem put new fuses in, don't swap them around it
      is less than five dollars, before you try anything else, hope I helped someone.
    • Ron Kall
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2005
        Just a note,

        I just replaced my right rear half shaft. I think the
        Bosal muffler cooked the inner CV boot. It was the
        only one of the four in the back that was ripped.
        Instead of reworking the half shaft and replacing both
        boots, cost $40.00 or so, I just bought a remaned half
        shaft at Kragen for $71.99 before the core charge. Six
        bolts on each side and down she comes. I did the job
        in the street on two rear jack stands. Give me a shout
        if anyone wants any further details.

        Ron

        =====
        Ron Kall
        Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

        1986 528e
        1985 535i

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Brian M. Armstrong
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2005
          darn right, do you have that supplier info. i have the same issue
          with one of my boots and i'm not looking forward to dealing with it.

          brian
          --- In bmwe28@..., Ron Kall <ronjkall@y...> wrote:
          > Just a note,
          >
          > I just replaced my right rear half shaft. I think the
          > Bosal muffler cooked the inner CV boot. It was the
          > only one of the four in the back that was ripped.
          > Instead of reworking the half shaft and replacing both
          > boots, cost $40.00 or so, I just bought a remaned half
          > shaft at Kragen for $71.99 before the core charge. Six
          > bolts on each side and down she comes. I did the job
          > in the street on two rear jack stands. Give me a shout
          > if anyone wants any further details.
          >
          > Ron
          >
          > =====
          > Ron Kall
          > Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
          >

          > 1986 528e
          > 1985 535i

          > http://my.yahoo.com
        • Ron Kall
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2005
            Brian,

            If you go to Kragen's website and search parts for
            your car, then you will likely end up with numberous
            options to either swap out the boot, and as long as
            you are doing one, then you should do both. You will
            also see that you can buy the whole half shaft,
            cordone is the mfg., for $80.00 or so with a core
            charge that comes back for $75.00. I always order
            stuff online and use ebates on the front end to get a
            rebate of 6%. Stuff is alyways cheaper online than on
            the shelf at the Kragen store. To my amazement, the
            store guy here in RC, CA pulled up a cheaper price ont
            he same reman part - $71.99. So its either buy two
            boot kits and fuss with pressing on and off one of the
            CV joints and spending $40.00 or a little more and
            your job is six bolts, 8mm hex, on the inner and the
            outer and you are done. The worst part is cleaning the
            bolts and stuff and transferring the cap from the old
            half shaft to the new half shaft after cleaning it.

            take care,
            --- "Brian M. Armstrong" <barmstrong@...>
            wrote:

            > darn right, do you have that supplier info. i have
            > the same issue
            > with one of my boots and i'm not looking forward to
            > dealing with it.
            >
            > brian
            > --- In bmwe28@..., Ron Kall
            > <ronjkall@y...> wrote:
            > > Just a note,
            > >
            > > I just replaced my right rear half shaft. I think
            > the
            > > Bosal muffler cooked the inner CV boot. It was the
            > > only one of the four in the back that was ripped.
            > > Instead of reworking the half shaft and replacing
            > both
            > > boots, cost $40.00 or so, I just bought a remaned
            > half
            > > shaft at Kragen for $71.99 before the core charge.
            > Six
            > > bolts on each side and down she comes. I did the
            > job
            > > in the street on two rear jack stands. Give me a
            > shout
            > > if anyone wants any further details.
            > >
            > > Ron
            > >
            > > =====
            > > Ron Kall
            > > Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
            > >

            > > 1986 528e
            > > 1985 535i

            > > All your favorites on one personal page � Try My
            > Yahoo!
            > > http://my.yahoo.com

            =====
            Ron Kall