Fan Problems on M535i

  • dkmassive1
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hello

      Yesterday the fan for my airconditioner and heater stopped working.
      But today it seems to be working again. Is this a common problem? My
      car has done 210 000kms so I suppose it must be due for replacement?
      Anyone had any similar expirences?

      Cheers
      DK
    • Phil Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        The brushes on the fan motor are probably failing -
        replace the motor with a new unit. Be careful of cheap
        brands Bosch is probably the best and worth the extra
        cost.
        Phil
        --- dkmassive1 <drkenworthy@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > Yesterday the fan for my airconditioner and heater
        > stopped working.
        > But today it seems to be working again. Is this a
        > common problem? My
        > car has done 210 000kms so I suppose it must be due
        > for replacement?
        > Anyone had any similar expirences?
        >
        > Cheers
        > DK

      • Doug Dykaar
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          Phil,

          While you're in there, grease up the bearings. On mine the brushes we're OK.
          The bearings will dry out after 20 years or so...

          -doug

          Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:05:40 -0800 (PST)
          From: Phil Davis <pld1952@...>
          Subject: Re: Fan Problems on M535i