RE: [bmw e28] Buying e28 Odometer Question...

  • Blake Nancarrow
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
      On Monday 14 March 2005 1:22 AM, Chris Trevelyan
      wrote:
      > I was looking at an 87 535i but the odometer is
      busted (its at 193,000
      > Miles) - he says it broke last month or so and the
      milage is more like
      > 195,000.

      How much is he asking?

      Blake
    • Chris Trevelyan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
        Hi Blake,

        The asking price is around 2200 USD obo
        wrote:
        > I was looking at an 87 535i but the odometer is
        busted (its at 193,000
        > Miles) - he says it broke last month or so and the
        milage is more like
        > 195,000.

        How much is he asking?

        Blake

      • Blake Nancarrow
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2005
          On Monday 14 March 2005 1:43 AM, Chris Trevelyan
          wrote:
          > The asking price is around 2200 USD obo

          > > I was looking at an 87 535i but the odometer is
          > busted (its at 193,000
          > > Miles) - he says it broke last month or so and
          the
          > milage is more like
          > > 195,000.

          Chris,

          That seems like about the right amount...

          I found a 1987 manual with unknown mileage in the
          Ontario (Canada) AutoTrader from a dealer for CDN$6000
          (that's funny money!). There's an '88 528e auto from a
          dealer with 250000 going for $2500.

          Still, broken odo? That's practically admitting it's
          been rolled back!

          I'd get an inspection done. If you can get a certified
          BMW shop to do it, have them pull the instrument
          cluster and check for tampering.

          Blake