E28 in the Netherlands

  • jeroenkrijnen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
      Hi John,

      In reply, there are good sites in Germany: www.e28.de and
      www.bmwe28.de.I've heard one of them has a pretty good forum too. Of
      cours for you as a real E28-enthusiast the german language is no
      problem. Certain former leaders of this country whose names I find
      hard to recall already spoke of Brüdervolk when they spoke of the
      Dutch. I think they were terribly wrong, but nevertheless there
      could be a slight advantage understanding what they mean.
      Enough of this rubbish. There is also a dutch E28-site, www.e28.nl
      which is pretty much dead, but there you can still find a usefull
      E28-ownerslist which was kept updated until last summer. In regard
      to a dutch club, there's none. I hope someone with enough time,
      which I don't have, to organize, will stand up and bring life to a
      club or another way of meeting one another.
      Succes met de hobby en misschien tot ziens!

      Greetings, Jeroen-NL
    • j.kerkhofs@hccnet.nl
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
        > Nice to hear from you,

        I realised a long time ago this type of car will never be a classic. Way too many were build (up to 800.000 units) Annyway, that is not my motive for choosing this model. What is my motive then..?? It represents an era of increasing wealth and economic progress. Those years were also the ones were I emerged as an young adult into the world. Besides this it has distinctive body features which appeal to me. You recognise this car from a great distance. And it has the quality standards which made BMW the best car manufacturer in the world.

        As to my language skills....I am german by birth and I have two nationalities....!!?? Ich bin ein Rheinländer....mehr als ein Niederländer. Some ideas of a certain leader are being realised today and weren't at all so bad, his way of realising them was slightly radical. (understatement of the month)

        Anyway thanks for yr rubbish. I enjoyed it!

        Kindg rgds,
        John from the southern part of Holland

      • j.kerkhofs@hccnet.nl
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005