Instrument cluster

  • okareka12000
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      Greetings, When you replace the batteries, don't forget to charge
      them first! Sounds obvious, but nobody told me - so then you have to
      take the cluster out and apart again. I still have a problem getting
      my rev counter to work.I have replaced the batteries in the pcb, no
      rev counter. I have tried a known good rev counter from another car,
      still doesn't work.I have been told of about 3 different places on my
      car ( 82 520IAuto) that provides the signal for the rev counter. So
      far I can't find any of them.( Wire off the coil,sensor on
      flywheel,sensor under plate on left side of flywheel housing). I have
      looked on my good car and also on my parts car ( if anybody wants 82
      520i bits,please let me know - I'm in New Zealand )but can't see
      anything obvious. Can anybody help please. regards, Dave
      Silver 82 520iA - 119000 miles
      Blue 82 520iA - 334000 km.