RE: [bmw e28] Re: 535i, M535i, M5

  • ken@kenholyoak.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2005
      So where does my 528e fit in all this - I could not find it in the lists

      HIG

      Kenneth H. Holyoak
      Information+Insight=Profit
      HIG, LLC

      Mail
      POB 68633

      Indianapolis IN 46268-0633

      UPS

      1508 E 86th Street Suite 177
      Indianapolis IN 46240

      ken@...

      317-253-7000 FAX 317-255-3708

      _____

        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2005
          I went to both web site and could find no mention of the 528e - Is it the
          same engine or how is it different.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2005
            The 528e and M5 uses the Bosch Motronic fuel injection , the 535i,M535i use the ME Motronic
            engine management system. As the model number implies,you have a 2.8 liter 6 and the 535i
            and M535i have 3.5 liter 6 and the M5 has 3.5 liter 4 valve 6 .

            David

            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2005
              --- In bmwe28@..., ken@k... wrote:
              > So where does my 528e fit in all this
              > I could not find it in the lists

              The 528e (US version of the Euro 525e) has the M20 "baby six" engine
              displacing 2.7 liters. It is the "eta" version, tuned for high
              efficiency at low revs. Economical but not terribly sporting.

              The 535i (and M535i and 535iS) has the M30 "big six" engine
              displacing 3.4 liters. It's a high performance normal
              production engine.

              The M5 has a twin-cam engine derived from the racing lineage
              of the 3.0CSL and the M1. High revs, high power, high cost.