stalling

  • Brian M. Armstrong
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2005
      everyone i need help. i have an 84 528e and it's stalling. when it
      is cold it will run on high idle then kick down like normal. but
      when i start it and go immediatly it idles really low and or stalls.
      generally when it warms up the problem goes away but lately that
      hasn't been fixing it.
      i have replaced everything in the fuel system, i.e. pumps, filter,
      regulator. and electrical as far as spark, i.e. plugs, wires, coil.
      please help i'm about to find a cliff and see if it flies!

      brian
    • benznut450
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2005
        Hi Brian,
        Check temperature sensor #2 .

        David

        --- In bmwe28@..., "Brian M. Armstrong"
        <barmstrong@r...> wrote:
        > everyone i need help. i have an 84 528e and it's stalling. when it
        > is cold it will run on high idle then kick down like normal. but
        > when i start it and go immediatly it idles really low and or
        stalls.
        > generally when it warms up the problem goes away but lately that
        > hasn't been fixing it.
        > i have replaced everything in the fuel system, i.e. pumps,
        filter,
        > regulator. and electrical as far as spark, i.e. plugs, wires, coil.
        > please help i'm about to find a cliff and see if it flies!
        >
        > brian
      • benznut450
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2005
          Brian ,
          Also if you take it for a test flight can you post some photos of
          before and after?HaHaHa I have some of a E21 I took for its last
          rally in the Alaskan wilderness.Might I add it was hard to kill!
          Sandbar did her in.
          David

          --- In bmwe28@..., "Brian M. Armstrong"