RE: [bmw e28] weird noise

  • Blake Nancarrow
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
      On Thursday 9 June 2005 11:24 AM, Roderick Tuason
      wrote:
      > I was
      > driving in today and heard a pop. then suddenly I
      can hear it coming from
      > the passenger side Sounds like an exhaust leak but
      I'm not sure if it
      > is...it idles rough and it has no power when i
      accellerate...if I
      > accelerate its LOUD...

      Still have all your spark plugs?

      regards,
      Blake

      88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
      performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust,
      loaner starter motor, Willz.ca S14 stock motor
      84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
      air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines, new
      starter, cool starter button just like an S2000!
      84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies
    • Roderick Tuason
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
        Yes all of them are in...the noise is coming from the passenger side close to the firewall

        Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:On Thursday 9 June 2005 11:24 AM, Roderick Tuason

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
          On Thursday 9 June 2005 11:40 AM, Roderick Tuason
          wrote:
          > Yes all of them are in...the noise is coming from
          the passenger side close to the firewall

          Ozygen sensor?

          Blake

          88 E30 M3 FloJo
          84 E28 528e Allegria
          84 E28 528e Mr. Brown
        • Blake Nancarrow
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
            wrote:
            > Yes all of them are in...the noise is coming from
            the passenger side close to the firewall

            Oh, are all the header bolts still there?

            Blake
          • Roderick Tuason
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
              looks like all the header bolts are in...not sure on the O2 Sensor...I'm at work and cant' get into to engine compartment just yet

              Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:On Thursday 9 June 2005 11:40 AM, Roderick Tuason
              wrote:
              > Yes all of them are in...the noise is coming from
              the passenger side close to the firewall

              Oh, are all the header bolts still there?

              Blake

            • okareka12000
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
                --- In bmwe28@..., Roderick Tuason <rtuason@p...> wrote:
                > looks like all the header bolts are in...not sure on the O2
                Sensor...I'm at work and cant' get into to engine compartment just yet

                > Blake Nancarrow <blaken@c...> wrote:On Thursday 9 June 2005 11:40
                AM, Roderick Tuason
                > wrote:
                > > Yes all of them are in...the noise is coming from
                > the passenger side close to the firewall
                >
                > Oh, are all the header bolts still there?
                >
                > Blake
                >
                >Try brake booster vacuum hoses, non return valve and any vac pipes
                in that area Dave NZ

                Service.

              • Simon Lutton
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
                  Hi

                  I had a similar problem with my M535i. I over reaved the engine and was flat shifting when it backfired and then it had very very very poor acceleration, had a lot of black smoke from the exhaust, and was very ruff, sort of sounded like a truck. My problem was I blew the head gasket in two places, so it may be an idea to take the rocker cover off and check to make sure the head gasket is in tact and get someone to turn the engine over and make sure all pistons are firing. let me know how you go

                  Simon

                  wrote:
                  > I was
                  > driving in today and heard a pop. then suddenly I
                  can hear it coming from
                  > the passenger side Sounds like an exhaust leak but
                  I'm not sure if it
                  > is...it idles rough and it has no power when i
                  accellerate...if I
                  > accelerate its LOUD...

                  Still have all your spark plugs?

                  regards,
                  Blake

                  88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
                  performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust,
                  loaner starter motor, Willz.ca S14 stock motor
                  84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
                  air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines, new
                  starter, cool starter button just like an S2000!
                  84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies

                • Gerald Paul
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                    maybe your cat. converter went. Mine had a
                    similiar sound, due to a bad o2 sensor.

                    --- Roderick Tuason <rtuason@...> wrote:

                    > Yes all of them are in...the noise is coming from
                    > the passenger side close to the firewall
                    >
                    > Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:On
                    > Thursday 9 June 2005 11:24 AM, Roderick Tuason
                    > wrote:
                    > > I was
                    > > driving in today and heard a pop. then suddenly I
                    > can hear it coming from
                    > > the passenger side Sounds like an exhaust leak but
                    >
                    > I'm not sure if it
                    > > is...it idles rough and it has no power when i
                    > accellerate...if I
                    > > accelerate its LOUD...
                    >
                    > Still have all your spark plugs?
                    >
                    > regards,
                    > Blake
                    >
                    > 88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
                    > performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust,
                    > loaner starter motor, Willz.ca S14 stock motor
                    > 84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
                    > air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines, new
                    > starter, cool starter button just like an S2000!
                    > 84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies

                    > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                    > removed]

                  • william ripley
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 4, 2005
                      i agree, i just had a piece of material lodge between the spark plug electrode and arm causing the plug to not fire. samething. bad excelleration and loud and using a ton of gas

                      bill

                      > regards,
                      > Blake
                      >
                      > 88 E30 M3 diamond black, steel brake lines,
                      > performance pads and rotors, Raven DTM exhaust,
                      > loaner starter motor, Willz.ca S14 stock motor
                      > 84 E28 528e sapphire blue, shocks, sway bars, K&N
                      > air filter, limited-slip, steel brake lines, new
                      > starter, cool starter button just like an S2000!
                      > 84 E28 528e rusty brown, pushing up daisies

                      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                      > removed]

                      Bill Ripley

                      bilripley@...