Re: [bmw e28] 1988 520i Lux

  • jaybmw533@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
      You need to check the eccentrics and adjust the valve lash. Depending on the
      mileage the eccentrics might have flat spots on them. My 533 had 8 of 16
      that needed to be replaced when I adjusted the lash on it.

      Jay in VA,
      on the mye28.com message board

    • markgodders2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
        --- In bmwe28@..., jaybmw533@a... wrote:
        Hi jay, thanks for reply, but could you explain what you mean by
        adjusting the Lash, like i said i am fairly new to this car and really
        don't have a clue but am really keen to learn, as i have another 520i
        lux on the way !
      • william ripley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
          hey there guy's

          bill from canada just writting to gloat i just got an 87 535i (exactly like the one i had )from my mechanic for 500 canadian ( i think that's only about 10 euro's or somethin Ha Ha. ) anyway in good shape. had been stored fo a while. muffler itself neds to be replaced and front quarter both of which are on my old car. i'll be able to use my old beast for parts ect. there is an oil leak, but i looks like it's from the valve cover so fairly easy access, but the rest is good.

          bill

          Bill Ripley

          bilripley@...