Clear indicators

  • atmimp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2005
      Does any one no where i can hold on some clear front indicators from
      in the uk?
    • Guy DiCesare
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2005
        Hi everyone. Have a 1988 535is. Temp guage is REALLY
        erratic. USUALLY runs normal temp RANGE (about in
        the middle) without A/C on, but needle wavers in time
        with turn signals, hazards, other electric stuff and
        occasionally runs toward redline on temp guage.. When
        A/C is ON, needle goes right up to redline within
        seconds during acceleration BUT comes back to normal
        range when I hit the brakes HARD to stop. If I just
        touch the brakes, it stays near the red line. I'm
        blowing A/C fuses (3 in one day). It's really wierd. I
        can't check temp with a temp gun because by the time I
        brake to pop the hood, the guage goes back down. If it
        wasn't relaated to the AC compressor running, I'd say
        definitely a grounding issue BUT..... anyway, please
        help. I'm in Lake Tahoe, CA, USA and don't know of
        anyone around here who REALLY knows these cars.
        Thanks, everyone. Guy D

        > Does any one no where i can hold on some clear front
        > indicators from
        > in the uk?

      • Ron Kall
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26, 2005
          SI board problems causes the guages to go whacko.
          Replace the board or live with the problem. Your
          car temperature does not fluctuate like that.

          --- Guy DiCesare <guydicesare2000@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone. Have a 1988 535is. Temp guage is REALLY
          > erratic. USUALLY runs normal temp RANGE (about in
          > the middle) without A/C on, but needle wavers in time
          > with turn signals, hazards, other electric stuff and
          > occasionally runs toward redline on temp guage.. When
          > A/C is ON, needle goes right up to redline within
          > seconds during acceleration BUT comes back to normal
          > range when I hit the brakes HARD to stop. If I just
          > touch the brakes, it stays near the red line. I'm
          > blowing A/C fuses (3 in one day). It's really wierd. I
          > can't check temp with a temp gun because by the time I
          > brake to pop the hood, the guage goes back down. If it
          > wasn't relaated to the AC compressor running, I'd say
          > definitely a grounding issue BUT..... anyway, please
          > help. I'm in Lake Tahoe, CA, USA and don't know of
          > anyone around here who REALLY knows these cars.
          > Thanks, everyone. Guy D
          >
          > > Does any one no where i can hold on some clear front
          > > indicators from
          > > in the uk?

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          Ron Kall