Split rubber boots

  • Alan Myler - at home
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      On my 1987 520i the rubber boots are split on the the shafts
      between the diff' and the wheels (at the wheel ends).

      What are these boots called?

      Where would I get replacements in the UK/Ireland?

      I've looked at both Eurocarparts and GSF on-line catalogues
      but neither seem to stock anything that fits what I think I need.

      Thanks in advance,

      Alan

    • Ron Kall
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        cv boots, they are.

        easy to buy a half shaft and replace,
        or buy the boots, clamps, and cv grease.

        --- Alan Myler - at home <amyler@...> wrote:

        > On my 1987 520i the rubber boots are split on the the shafts
        > between the diff' and the wheels (at the wheel ends).
        >
        > What are these boots called?
        >
        > Where would I get replacements in the UK/Ireland?
        >
        > I've looked at both Eurocarparts and GSF on-line catalogues
        > but neither seem to stock anything that fits what I think I need.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Alan
        >

        > --

        Ron Kall