hood won't open --- help!

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
      I am hoping someone can give me a little help. I have a 1988 528e and
      my hood release is NOT releasing the hood! I pull it from inside the
      car and it won't release the hood so that I can reach in and flip the
      lever, opening the hood all the way. I does not feel like the cable
      has snapped.

      Anyone have any ideas on how to move forward on this? Anything would
      be appreciated.

      steven
    • john Gieringer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
        Try this link:
        http://www.firstfives.org/faq/hoodlatch/hood_latch_faq.html

        This should help you understand what you might need to do to fix the
        issue...
        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
          a good set of lloonggg needle nose pliers will get to
          the cable inside the grille on them. good luck.