225/50/16s

  • Andrew W. Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2005
      All,
      I had my e28 fully loaded yesterday, and there was very little tyre clearance in the fenders. I'm currently running 205/60/16s, but was considering 225/50/16s. It didn't seem like there was 10mm of space between the tyre wall and the inside o the fender. Are other people running this width of tyre okay? I have et20 wheels (Borbet H)
      THanks
      Andrew

      Find the LOWEST PRICES on books at http://www.campusi.com !
      Check your SchoolEmail at http://www.campusi.com/email
    • Bob Sutterfield
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2005
        Andrew W. Hill wrote:
        > I had my e28 fully loaded yesterday, and there was very
        > little tyre clearance in the fenders. I'm currently
        > running 205/60/16s, but was considering 225/50/16s.
        > It didn't seem like there was 10mm of space between
        > the tyre wall and the inside o the fender. Are other
        > people running this width of tyre okay? I have
        > et20 wheels (Borbet H)

        I have used several different types of tires in 225/50-16 on my 7.5x16ET20
        wheels. There's adequate clearance even with my lowered suspension (Eibach
        Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein Sport shocks). For comparison, see photos at
        <http://www.mye28.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?forum=4&thread=7095>.

        You can compare overall tire diameters at <http://ejelta.com/tiresize> to
        see how your speedometer and odometer will change.

        All such fitment questions are answered in The BMW E28 Wheel & Tire
        "Database" at <http://home.mindspring.com/~scrappycrow/e28wheels.html>.
        --
        Bob Sutterfield
        '88 E28 535iS lachssilber-met (for sale)