Vibration

  • bigmac2x2
    Message 1 of 4 , 1 Nov 19:07
      I have a vibration in my 535i that comes n at about 35 kmh and then
      disappears by 45 kmh. I have heard this might be caused by the flex
      disk. Any more help would be much appreciated.

      Greg
    • Darrell Davis
      Message 2 of 4 , 1 Nov 19:32
        yes the gubio disk or more likely the carrier bearing
        between the driveshafts. put the rear of the car up on
        jcak stands, and rotate the rear wheels back and forth
        while in park to find the problem, also the front
        control arm bushings can do it if braking causes the
        shaking as well. good luck. and bavauto is a good
        source for decent quality parts.

        --- bigmac2x2 <bigmac2x2@...> wrote:

        > I have a vibration in my 535i that comes n at about
        > 35 kmh and then
        > disappears by 45 kmh. I have heard this might be
        > caused by the flex
        > disk. Any more help would be much appreciated.
        >
        > Greg

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Steve Haygood
        Message 3 of 4 , 1 Nov 19:46
          More than likely a defective driveshaft ujoint, Flex disc will show up under
          hard acceleration and feel like it is coming out of the shifter handle.
          Another possibility is the center support bearing

          Steve

          _____

          I have a vibration in my 535i that comes n at about 35 kmh and then
          disappears by 45 kmh. I have heard this might be caused by the flex
          disk. Any more help would be much appreciated.

          Greg

          _____

          <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .

        • Matt Meade
          Message 4 of 4 , 2 Nov 10:58
            Your best bet is to pull the driveline, have it rebalanced and replace the guibo (flex disk) and bearing on the driveline. I had it rebuilt for about $140 total. Make sure that when you re-install the driveline that you hook the rear and front, then preload the center bearing by pushing toward the front of the car, then tightening the bolts.
            Matt Meade
            Ashland, OR
            85 535i Dinan