Different seats for a 1986 528e E28

  • Mark Estrada
    Message 1 of 7 , 6 Nov 13:48
      Hello everyone! I have just purchased a 1986 528e and I am in love with the car. I have always wanted a BMW and this is my first one. I use it to get back a forth from school. Anyway I have been searching for some aftermarket parts to upgrade the look a little bit. Like different bumpers, white face gauges and such. But I am having a bit of a hard time finding some of those parts.

      I am wondering if there are other BMW parts that are interchangable with my 528e. For example, can I bolt on M5 seats, bumpers, and other interior parts of the same year (or any other bimmer for that matter). I am also looking for ground effects and can't seem to find anything for my year. Alot of parts are for the E30.

      I would really like to get it looking sharp, I just can seem to find those parts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks
      Mark Estrada
      BMW NUT

    • Robert Allan
      Message 2 of 7 , 7 Nov 13:55
        Glad to hear that you are enjoying your e28 i have an '82 528i and
        it was the best 2500 AUD i ever spent. I have don't a bit of
        searching around for wheels. It is a bit of a bastard to find cheap
        ones that are 16" and aren't the metric sort TRX. If you want good
        looking wheels i'd say hang out for some 16" BBS M5 mags from the
        e28. Are you based in the UK or the US, I am in australia its hard
        to find good wheels but i have noticed looking at www.ebay.de
        (warning its in german look for tiele section and look for felgen
        (wheels tyres etc.)) pretty much all the german sellers can speak
        english anyway) that there is shiteloads of cheap stuff for e28s and
        e34s in europe and don't get me started about the massive amount of
        parts available in the US.

        Rob

        --- In bmwe28@..., Mark Estrada <ldsports808@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hello everyone! I have just purchased a 1986 528e and I am in love
        with the car. I have always wanted a BMW and this is my first one. I
        use it to get back a forth from school. Anyway I have been searching
        for some aftermarket parts to upgrade the look a little bit. Like
        different bumpers, white face gauges and such. But I am having a bit
        of a hard time finding some of those parts.

        > I am wondering if there are other BMW parts that are
        interchangable with my 528e. For example, can I bolt on M5 seats,
        bumpers, and other interior parts of the same year (or any other
        bimmer for that matter). I am also looking for ground effects and
        can't seem to find anything for my year. Alot of parts are for the
        E30.

        > I would really like to get it looking sharp, I just can seem to
        find those parts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

        > Thanks
        > Mark Estrada
        > BMW NUT

      • Mark Estrada
        Message 3 of 7 , 7 Nov 15:51
          Hey Rob! Thanks for the response. I am in the US. I think the best thing about my E28 is that I only paid $750 US. As soon as I can I will post some pictures. I needs some cosmetic work and I want to redo the interior. But do you know if any body or interior part from an M5 of the same year will fit?

          As far as wheels, I know what you mean. I tried a great place on the web called www.tirerack.com, where you can actually fit the wheels you like to your year bimmer and see the results. It is really great, but the wheels can be a bit pricey. My E28 runs really good. I just put 4 new rotors and brake pads. I know its needs some other undercarriage work but it rides great.

          Like I said, I will post some pictures ASAP. Talk to you and everyone else soon!

          Later Days
          Mark
          Bimmer Nut

          to find good wheels but i have noticed looking at www.ebay.de

          wrote:
          > Hello everyone! I have just purchased a 1986 528e and I am in love
          with the car. I have always wanted a BMW and this is my first one. I
          use it to get back a forth from school. Anyway I have been searching
          for some aftermarket parts to upgrade the look a little bit. Like
          different bumpers, white face gauges and such. But I am having a bit
          of a hard time finding some of those parts.

          > I am wondering if there are other BMW parts that are
          interchangable with my 528e. For example, can I bolt on M5 seats,
          bumpers, and other interior parts of the same year (or any other
          bimmer for that matter). I am also looking for ground effects and
          can't seem to find anything for my year. Alot of parts are for the
          E30.

          > I would really like to get it looking sharp, I just can seem to
          find those parts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

          > Thanks
          > Mark Estrada
          > BMW NUT

        • tim hardin

            to find good wheels but i have noticed looking at www.ebay.de

            wrote:
            > Hello everyone! I have just purchased a 1986 528e and I am in love
            with the car. I have always wanted a BMW and this is my first one. I
            use it to get back a forth from school. Anyway I have been searching
            for some aftermarket parts to upgrade the look a little bit. Like
            different bumpers, white face gauges and such. But I am having a bit
            of a hard time finding some of those parts.

            > I am wondering if there are other BMW parts that are
            interchangable with my 528e. For example, can I bolt on M5 seats,
            bumpers, and other interior parts of the same year (or any other
            bimmer for that matter). I am also looking for ground effects and
            can't seem to find anything for my year. Alot of parts are for the
            E30.

            > I would really like to get it looking sharp, I just can seem to
            find those parts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

            > Thanks
            > Mark Estrada
            > BMW NUT

          • Mark Estrada

              to find good wheels but i have noticed looking at www.ebay.de

              wrote:
              > Hello everyone! I have just purchased a 1986 528e and I am in love
              with the car. I have always wanted a BMW and this is my first one. I
              use it to get back a forth from school. Anyway I have been searching
              for some aftermarket parts to upgrade the look a little bit. Like
              different bumpers, white face gauges and such. But I am having a bit
              of a hard time finding some of those parts.

              > I am wondering if there are other BMW parts that are
              interchangable with my 528e. For example, can I bolt on M5 seats,
              bumpers, and other interior parts of the same year (or any other
              bimmer for that matter). I am also looking for ground effects and
              can't seem to find anything for my year. Alot of parts are for the
              E30.

              > I would really like to get it looking sharp, I just can seem to
              find those parts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

              > Thanks
              > Mark Estrada
              > BMW NUT

            • Greg Epps
              Message 6 of 7 , 9 Nov 17:20
                Also check out www.mye28.com <http://www.mye28.com>. Full forum with over
                1200 active members, includes a for sale/wanted section. Whatever you want,
                someone's probably got it sitting in their garage. Also, when you need help
                installing something, there's the tech talk section.

                On 11/6/05, Mark Estrada <ldsports808@...> wrote:

                > Hello everyone! I have just purchased a 1986 528e and I am in love with
                > the car. I have always wanted a BMW and this is my first one. I use it to
                > get back a forth from school. Anyway I have been searching for some
                > aftermarket parts to upgrade the look a little bit. Like different bumpers,
                > white face gauges and such. But I am having a bit of a hard time finding
                > some of those parts.
                >
                > I am wondering if there are other BMW parts that are interchangable with
                > my 528e. For example, can I bolt on M5 seats, bumpers, and other interior
                > parts of the same year (or any other bimmer for that matter). I am also
                > looking for ground effects and can't seem to find anything for my year. Alot
                > of parts are for the E30.
                >
                > I would really like to get it looking sharp, I just can seem to find those
                > parts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Mark Estrada
                > BMW NUT

                Greg Epps
                greg.epps@...

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 7 , 19 Nov 05:54
                  I have one cylinder that messes up and misfires when car is cold and going
                  slow. Once you are up to speed it cruses great. I have new plugs and wires
                  and am going a couple hundred miles today on Interstate to see if that
                  helps. I am going to burn premium and add imjector cleaner.

                  Anyone else have ideas?