new noise - Bearing maybe, but:

  • Doug Dykaar
    Message 1 of 1 , 30 Nov 13:55
      Kinda sounds like gears meshing, no deviation in volume turning side to
      side. no noise with the car jacked up and turning the front or rear wheel by
      hand. sounds like its coming from the passenger foot well. Doesn't depend on
      engine speed (clutch in). Gets louder with speed.

      Front wheel bearing? I recently swapped in a new front strut tube when I
      tore the top off the old one getting the strut out. I left the bearing on
      the used replacement tube, and still have the original bearing, but before I
      bother removing the car from the wheel bearing, any hints?

      On another note, when I was rotating the rear wheel, the other rear wheel
      rotated in the same direction. I thought an open diff would run the wheel in
      the opposite direction. Am I wrong?

      Regards,

      Doug

      86 951 http://www.pcaucr.org/pcaucr/forum/post.jsp?postid=2393